Leading expert in the Peruvian market in financial regulation advisory, with more than 20 years of experience in the financial sector, both in the private and public sectors, leading projects related to:
- The legal design of innovative financial products.
- The attention of all types of consultations related to the banking and financial sector.
- Obtaining licenses before the SBS.
- The design and implementation of anti-corruption compliance systems and LAFT riskprevention systems in the financial sector.
- Founding partner of Vodanovic Legal, boutique specialized in advising financial entities and FinTech companies, both local and foreign, in legal and regulatory aspects (2017-2019 and 2021 to date).
- Partner at EY Peru, being Leader of the Financial Regulation and FinTech area (2019-2021).
- Legal analyst for 13 years at the Superintendency of Banking, Insurance and AFP (SBS) (2004-2017).
- Independent Director of a prestigious microfinance institution (2015- 2019).
- In the 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 rankings published by Chambers and Partners, Ljubica Vodanovic has been considered one of the leading banking and financial regulation lawyers in Peru.
- In 2020, EY Law’s Financial Regulation and FinTech team under the leadership of Ljubica Vodanovic, was recognized in the Leaders League ranking as a leader in Financial Regulation and FinTech in Peru.
Expert in financial regulation. She has worked 7 years (2005- 2012) as Senior Analyst in the legal area at SBS (Superintendencia de Banca, Seguros y AFP). She followed an Executive Master at Nuovo Istituto di Business Internazionale, Milan, Italy (2013). She has been Senior Manager at EY Peru, integrating the Financial Regulation and Fintech area (2019-2021).
Her experience includes specialized legal advice on financial and insurance regulatory matters; providing expert legal support from the design of innovative financial businesses to both financial institutions and the FinTech industry, to the implementation of innovative financial products. Likewise, she leads several administrative licensing procedures before the SBS, providing specialized support to companies in the different phases of their landing process in Peru.
She has been a professor of the Consumer Protection in the Financial Market Course at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (PUCP).
She is a lawyer graduated from the Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas. She has experience in banking regulatory advice and financial transactions of various types, with emphasis on financing with local and foreign financial institutions.
Legal assistant at Delmar Ugarte Abogados Law Firm (which today is part of Philippi, Prietocarrizosa, Ferrero, DU & Uría Law Firm) for three years (2012-2015), in charge of reviewing diverse banking and finance regulatory issues, structuring and negotiating financing transactions and trusts in general. Prior to Vodanovic Legal, she worked as a lawyer in the legal area of La Fiduciaria S.A. (2015-2018), one of the leading trust services companies in Peru; and in the Legal Division of Ernst Young, where as a manager she provided advice on financial regulation and Fintech.
Lawyer by the School of Law of the Universidad del Pacifico. She has experience in Financial Regulation, Financial Law and Financial Consumer Protection.
Prior to becoming an Associate at Vodanovic Legal, she worked at EY Law as a lawyer in the Financial Regulation and FinTech area (October 2019 – February 2021). Prior to that, she was a Legal Practitioner and then a Legal Assistant at Vodanovic Legal (January 2017- September 2019).
She is a member of the Lima Bar Association. Alejandra participated in an academic exchange program at the Institut d’études politiques de Paris – Sciences Po (2016). Additionally, she is a former member of FORSETI, Law Review of the Universidad del Pacifico.
Lawyer in financial regulation, Fintech and securities market. Prior to Vodanovic Legal, he has been Senior at EY Peru (2020-2021), as well as Investment Legal Analyst at AFP Habitat (2018-2020). She followed the Securities Market Specialization Program at SMV (Superintendencia del Mercado de Valores) (2018) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Law at Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (PUCP) (2020).
Her experience includes legal advice in financial regulation, AFP and securities market; participating in innovative financial product initiatives in both financial entities and fintechs as well as in complex regulatory consultations. In addition, he has led negotiation processes of local and foreign investment instruments such as stocks, bonds, investment funds, private equity funds, real estate and infrastructure. He is adjunct professor of Banking Regulation and Capital Markets at Universidad del Pacifico (UP); and of Securities Market Regulation at the Graduate School of Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (PUCP).
Bachelor in Law from Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos (2019). Member of the Círculo Financiero Corporativo and teaching assistant of the Commercial Law I (General Part) course at the same university.
Before becoming a Legal Assistant at Vodanovic Legal, she worked as a Legal Assistant in the Financial Regulation and FinTech area of EY Law Peru (2020-2021), Junior Legal Analyst at Edifica Investments of Edifica Group (2020) and Junior Legal Analyst at Core Capital SAFI of Edifica Group (2019). She completed her pre-professional internship at Core Capital SAFI of Edifica Group (2018), Financiera Credinka (2017-2018) and Estudio Fernández Cartagena & Rosillo (2017). She has been teaching assistant of the Commercial Law II (Corporate Law) course at Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos (2017-2020).